On the first day of Christmas, Tipsy Theory gave to you an easy boozy hot chocolate recipe with just the right amount of peppermint.
With Christmas right around the corner, it’s time to cozy up by the fire with that perfect warm drink. However, sometimes it’s nice to find something with a bit of a kick.
If you’re looking for a hot chocolate with something a bit extra, this recipe is the one for you. All you need is a little bit of peppermint booze, and you’re good to take your normal hot drink up a notch.
So grab your favourite hot chocolate mix, some whipped cream (coconut is our favourite) and some candy canes and you’re good to start whipping up this holiday concoction.
Here’s What You Need To Make This Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- A mug full of milk*
- A pack of your favourite hot chocolate mix
- 1 oz of Smirnoff’s Peppermint Twist Vodka
- Coconut Whipped Cream*
*Any dairy substitute will also work for this recipe. (Almond milk, goats milk etc.) You may also use water, but it will water down the richness of the drink.
*Any whipped cream will also work!
How To Make It:
1. Heat up one mug of milk in a small pot over medium heat. When the milk starts to simmer, remove it from heat and pour into the mug.
2. Add your favourite pack of hot chocolate mix into the warm milk and stir well (until the entire pack is well dissolved)
3. Add 1 oz of the peppermint vodka into the mixture and stir.
4. Top with whipped cream, and candy cane if wanted.
Looking for even more boozy recipes? Keep an eye out on Tipsy Theory’s drink page!
Leading up until Christmas, we will be releasing one Christmas drink recipe a day for the 12 days of Tipsy-Mas!